Welcome guest blogger, Jon Wool! Mr. Wool is the President and Owner of JHW Hospitality Consulting and one of the hospitality industry’s foremost experts. He is also the founder of the boutique catering company, Finesse Cuisine Catering and Events. As a consultant, coach, and speaker, Jon has been applauded for his warmth, humor, and ability to clearly communicate complex concepts. Jon Wool and Catalyst Ranch have recently formed a partnership wherein JHW will utilize Catalyst Ranch’s award winning creative space as the exclusive host for their renowned series of events, workshops and seminars.
For caterers, the frenzy of holiday planning is at its pinnacle. It’s all we can do to corral clients for last moment selections, secure rental and decor orders, fulfill staffing assignments, and ensure that, with a few deep breaths, a wipe of the brow, and many sleepless nights, parties go off without a hitch. But before popping the champagne in celebration of having survived the holidays, remember that the job continues until well after the last gingerbread man is served.
All too often, attentive customer service ends when the event ends. However, a proactive post-event strategy is as important as your pre-event sales process. It is a key to developing ongoing business and client trust. Here is a post event step-by-step strategy:
- Call client the next day to say “thank you” and include a short event debrief. For more involved events, schedule a conference call or meeting.
- Call venue contact to review execution of the event.
- Send a hand-written Thank You to the client.
- Review event reports from Sales Executive, Chef and Supervisor.
- Generate a P&L.
- Create client/venue/vendor information files noting their preferences.
- Evaluate the client using a grading system based on criteria for your Best Fit Clients. Grading should be based on event revenue, profitability, frequency of events, ease of function, and client’s willingness to promote your company.
- Request a client testimonial.
Following these steps after each event will help nurture your relationships with clients and venue managers. You will quickly find that a proactive and comprehensive post-event program leaves the sweetest taste and wraps up each event with the prettiest bow.
Meet Jon Wool at his upcoming interactive workshop at Catalyst Ranch!
Summer School Workshop: Selling the Next Season
This interactive seminar is designed for everyone responsible for catering sales, restaurant private dining, or hotel meetings and events. We know it’s difficult to think about the cold months ahead, but the valuable skills we share are guaranteed to jump-start your sales, fill your calendar, and boost your revenue.
Wednesday, July 30, 2014
6:00pm – 8:00pm
Individual Tuition: $40 per attendee (includes light hors d’oeuvres)
Team Discount: 10% off for 3 or more from the same company
Space is limited – register now!